Even during times of such uncertainty, love always finds a way. If you’re getting married in 2021, the reality is that you need to start getting organised now.
When it comes to planning a wedding, generally speaking – most lovebirds don’t know where to start, and what’s actually involved (cue: wedding planner). However, staying on top of things and getting yourselves organised well in advance can greatly assist in taking the stress out of your big day, so it’s important to start ticking off the wedding checklist sooner rather than later.
Getting Married In 2021: How Far In Advance To Plan?
It’s no secret that wedding planning can be daunting – doing the research, managing a budget, and working out what to do when is not an easy feat. The more time you allow the better, as this will allow room for error when it comes to pulling off the wedding of your dreams.
If the day wasn’t stressful enough, getting married during a global pandemic can significantly add to the pressures associated with the big day. According to wedding planning company Zola, over one third of couples getting married in October 2020 will have virtual guests at their wedding – ensuring that loved ones around the globe don’t miss out on being a part of their special day. The real question is, where do you start?
The reality is that as soon as you’re engaged, you should be on the same page about the essentials – what kind of nuptials do you want to have, how many people are on the guest list, and what’s your budget. Once the “big” stuff is out of the way, it’s time to get to the logistics.
Twelve Months In Advance
- Inspect and book your ceremony and reception venue
- Consider wedding insurance
- Consider the services of a wedding planner
- Book your photographer and/or videographer
- Research decor options
- Start wedding dress shopping, particularly for custom designs
- Send “Save The Date” cards to your guest list
- Select the members of your wedding party
Six To Ten Months In Advance
- Book your entertainment (DJ vs band, or both)
- Research and advise accommodation options for your guests
- Rent your decor if applicable (chairs, tables, tent)
- Book your honeymoon
- Order a wedding cake
- Source catering options and prices (if applicable)
- Order your final wedding dress choice
- Start planning your hens or stag parties
Three To Six Months In Advance
- Select your bridesmaids dresses
- Start sending out wedding invitations
- Select your florist and order your flowers
- Source your grooms suit and mens formal wear
- Organise the legalities (registrar, priest or celebrant)
- Think about transport options
- Purchase and fit your wedding rings
- Book your hair and makeup trial
Two Months In Advance
- Attend dress fittings
- Organise gifts for your bridal party, parents and each other
- Sort the final touches (accessories, shoes, hair pieces, ties)
- Flower girl and page boy outfits
- Menu tasting with venue or caterer
One To Two Weeks In Advance
- Finalise your seating plan
- Final dress fittings
- Deliver your “shot list” to the photographer or videographer
- Issue final head count to venue or caterer
- Print place cards
- Reconfirm with all of your vendors and suppliers
- Primp and prep with a manicure, pedicure and any waxing
- Pick up all formalwear
- A full rehearsal
- Pack for your reception and honeymoon!
Other Things To Consider If You’re Getting Married In 2021
Ensuring that you have a valid Covid Safe plan can be of great value if you’re trying to maximise the number of guests permitted at your wedding. While the exact terms vary from state to state, hiring the services of a wedding planner can be invaluable if you need some help navigating the policies and applying for one.
As we edge closer towards the end of 2020, it’s important to remember that a lot of businesses shut down for the holidays in December for the summer break. Don’t get caught off guard here, and ensure that you stay in touch well in advance for any new or existing queries or orders.
It’s a lot of pressure for one day, but get it right – and you’ll remember it as the best day of your life. Sourcing the perfect dress, flowers and rings have been a top priority for many couples getting married in 2021, as there are still plenty of things that are still within your control.
If you are looking to get married but haven’t yet sourced the perfect wedding bands, then it might be time to speak to a professional. Here at Paradise Jewellers, we are passionate about passing on our knowledge, and are a third generation family owned and operated business right here on the Gold Coast.
With our centrally located Broadbeach boutique open seven days per week, please contact us or pop by to discuss how we can bring the diamond of your dreams to life.